Saturday, September 26, 2009

Goin' back home to the west coast

Bryan and I recently returned from a trip to Northern California. The purpose of our trip was that Bryan was a groomsman in a wedding of our dear friend Matt and his lovely wife Emily. Bryan and I both love California. I swear I feel pure bliss when I am in California. The weather was beautiful, although it is crazy hot during the day and quite chilly at night in Davis, exactly what you would expect from north-central California.

We started the trip with lunch in Sausalito with Clarissa. She and I have been friends since the first grade and since she lives in San Francisco, I only get to see her every three years or so. It was so good to see her again! We had a wonderful lunch (and ice cream of course), and spent most of the time reminiscing about our times together.

Matt and Emily live in Davis. Matt was in ROTC with Bryan and me at Florida and Bryan and Matt were roommates when Bryan was stationed at Beale. The first night we were there, we had In n' Out Burger (a California highlight, trust me) followed by gelato in Davis. It was delightful.

On Saturday, the Gators gathered at The Graduate in Davis to watch the Florida/Tennessee game. It wasn't the prettiest win, but a win is a win. The top picture is at Matt and Emily's rehearsal dinner at Il Fornaio in downtown Sacramento. It was a delish italian restaurant with a patio with white twinkly lights.

Sunday was wedding day. Matt and Emily had an absolutely beautiful ceremony and reception at the Putah Creek Lodge in the UC Davis Arboretum. Their ceremony was underneath a huge tree that had two hearts carved into the trunk. The whole afternoon was filled with such joy and love and it was a blessing to be a part of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment