Thursday, December 3, 2009

Thanksgiving!

I hosted Thanksgiving at my house this year and was blessed to have so many family members able to make the trip. Bryan arrived on Tuesday night and we enjoyed a massive food shopping trip! My mom and brother drove up from SC (and Florida!) and after 13 grueling hours finished the normally 10 hour drive to my house and arrive on Wednesday night. My aunt and sister took the red-eye from Los Angeles and arrived on Thursday morning. Then we got to cooking. My kitchen is much too small to hold more than two people at a time so while some were cooking some were watching tv, all 9 Thanksgiving episodes of Friends to be exact!

Everybody sitting down to eat!

The dessert table:
vegan apple pie courtesy of Whole Foods
delish Holiday Bundt Cake courtesy of Natalie over at Oven Love
turtle pumpkin pie courtesy of my sister and kraft foods


My lovely kitchen after the cooking!

On Friday the fam headed out for some Black Friday shopping- primarily to get Byran an iPhone (finally!). We also went to the mall where Bryan and I picked up our Charlie Brown Christmas tree. We all enjoyed dinner at California Pizza Kitchen, yum! We also found my mom's Mother of the Bride dress at the mall which was very exciting! AND- my invitations arrived from the printers!

Our first Christmas tree :)

On Saturday, I had my final dress fitting so that my mom, aunt, and sister could see my dress (and learn the bustle). Since my mom had her dress and my sister's was at the shop we were able to all try on our dresses together. It all looks so good! Sorry, no pics will be posted so if you wanna see, email me :) After the fitting, we headed to Philadelphia and enjoyed lunch at Continental Midtown- one of my favorite restaurants in Philly. Bryan and I snapped this pic in Love Park. My aunt and sister had to fly out that afternoon (boo). Then the rest of us went home and watched the Gators beat up on the Seminoles!


My mom and brother left Sunday morning for the long drive back south and Bryan and I went to church and had another pre-marital counseling session. We did a little invitation envelope stuffing and had a quiet night. It was an amazing couple of days and I am so happy I was able to spend it with family!

No comments:

Post a Comment