Sunday, February 28, 2010

Strong to the finish

So February became sort of a sit around and enjoy month for me... it certainly hasn’t been so for Bryan who has been tirelessly working towards the finish of his Master’s program. Compared to all the other work he has to do, it seems like the thesis is just a small part of his last semester. He is working literally all day on projects, labs, and exams. It blows my mind how much work he has and how much of his life it consumes. We will both be grateful when he graduates on March 25th!


March is going to be very task-ful, but I kind of like it that way. I keep myself busy with enough stuff that I can be distracted from the fact that I miss Bryan more and more everyday... thank goodness this is almost over. First thing first- Bryan defends his thesis on Thursday. Then on Friday he flies into Baltimore and I pick him up on our way to DC. We will be staying in the guest suite of the building we are thinking of moving into in the metro DC area. To celebrate Bryan and his accomplishments (so proud!) we are going to be staying Saturday night at the W hotel in downtown Washington, enjoying some dinner and dancing with great friends.


The following weekend, i’ll head to Boston with some lovely ladies from NYC to spend some quality time with Courtney before she moves to Kentucky this summer after defending her dissertation in Clinical Psychology. The girls and I haven’t been to Boston together since 2007 so this is sure to be a trip to remember. We will also get to spend some time with the Stepura family as well!


March of course will come to close in dramatic fashion as I head to Dayton for Bryan’s graduation. We will get to spend some wonderful time with his parents and our Dayton family before everyone goes their separate ways the first week of April.


Cheers,

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment