Sunday, June 6, 2010

The last few weeks

Memorial Day weekend was a blast. Bryan drove up to NJ and back to DC every single day the week prior in order to get all of my stuff moved out of my apartment by the 28th of May. We dropped off my keys and drove away from my NJ apartment for the last time. We drove down to DC and unpacked a little before settling down to watch North by Northwest, a classic Hitchcock film that features a delightful scene on a train from NYC to Chicago which has inspired an obsession with traveling the country by train... we. will. do. it. someday. promise. That weekend I got to spend a lot of time with Kristen and Alex! We lunched at Zaytinya, saw Sex and the City 2, sangria'd at La Tasca and watched Twilight (Alex and Chris' first time seeing the movie). Bryan joined us to watch New Moon (now Chris is all caught up to go see Eclipse with Bryan and Kristen while im deployed) and we went to a housewarming/memorial day BBQ of dear friends. It was a delightful weekend with great friends.

At the end of the weekend, Bryan and I returned to NJ for me to out-process McGuire for my deployment before we boarded a plane to SC for Chase's HS graduation!!

No comments:

Post a Comment