Saturday, July 10, 2010

Weekend 3 of 27 part 2

On fourth of July, at the palace, we had a Naturalization Ceremony where about 150 service members became US Citizens. The Vice President and Dr. Biden made a visit and participated in the event. My team was in charge of ensuring the event was set up and run smoothly, like any good protocol shop. I had the privilege of working with the awesome White House staffers and advon team trip planners who work really hard all over the world to make sure the President and the Vice President have successful trips.
After the ceremony, I had to run to the dfac because the VP and Dr. Biden were going to be walking through, greeting folks, and sitting down for lunch. I set up Dr. Biden's lunch with some female service mebers. The entrance to the dfac on July 4th. Super-decorated.

Inside the dfac as the Biden's entered.

Me with Dr. Jill Biden.

I was standing in a crowd of people waiting to have my picture taken with the Vice President when he turned and looked at me and said, "Captain, can I have my picture taken with you?" I said, yes sir, of course and he took my iphone and handed it to a staffer and said, "Here, take a picture of the captain and me." He is so awesome.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so proud of you honey. I saw this video and thought about you & your friends who have all fought for us.
    Love & God bless,
    "Aunt" Robin
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTb6qdPu8JE&feature=player_embedded

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are such cool photos!

    (this is Rachel Blate by the way)

    ReplyDelete