Thursday, August 13, 2009

The Inspiration...


I wanted to let everyone know about the overall stlye for the wedding. The ceremony will most likely start at 1pm on Saturday, February 13th, 2010. Fell free to book hotel rooms, but if you would like to wait, we will be securing blocks of hotel rooms at a couple of hotels in Gainesville.


The ceremony will take place at Holy Trinity Episcopal Church in downtown Gainesvilel and for those of you who haven't been there before, the church is absolutely breathtaking. I am going with a neutral color palette. Bryan and his groomsmen will be in Air Force Mess Dress, except for my brother Chase, since he is not in the Air Force :) He and my Dad will be in gray suits. My bridesmaids will be in a yet-to-be-determined dress, most likely in ivory or champagne (yes, people have asked if I am concerned that the bridesmaids will look too much like me in my dress. The answer is no, I am not concerned). The flowers will be cream and very light peach roses that we are ordering in bulk direct from a grower and putting into bouquets ourselves! Bryan and I have yet to discuss the details of the actual ceremony, but are planning some special music pieces.


The reception will take place at Plantation Hall at Haile Plantation. As it will be an afternoon wedding, we are planning on having a more social, mingling reception with heavy hors d'oeuvres as opposed to a sit-down dinner. I like the idea of winter citrus, like clementines, as the main decor- bunched together in a bowl or glass container. Instead of one large tiered cake, we also like the idea of having a bunch of smaller cakes and pies in varying flavors. Bryan and I will still have one cake that we will cut, so don't worry about that.


We anticipate everything being over around dinner time. We are working on our guest list and budget right now and then soon to follow will be the save-the-dates.


More to Come!
Maryel

No comments:

Post a Comment