Monday, November 9, 2009

Dayton Trip

I recently went to visit Bryan in Dayton. It was Halloween and Florida/Georgia weekend so we had a packed weekend. On Friday I had the girls over to watch Twilight. The first time I saw it was on those tiny screens in the seat in front of you on an airplane, so I wanted to see the first movie on a real TV before the second one comes out. Of course it was way better!

On Saturday, Bryan and I had our AFIT family over to the house for the football game. Bryan worked really hard cooking up some delish food for everyone. He made ham and bean soup and this amazing low country boil with shrimp, sausage, corn, and potatoes. I made the cornbread :)

Our amazing friend Natalie owns Tickled Pink Cupcakery and made these awesome cupcakes for our little rivalry. Our friends Russ and Julie are big Georgia fans, so we had a great time!!

The Florida cupcakes are vanilla cake with apple pie filling and tinted vanilla frosting. The Georgia cupcakes are cinnamon walnut cake with tinted maple frosting and the mixed cupcakes are carrot cake with cream cheese frosting. The apple pie cupcakes were my favorite, convenient that they were the Florida cupcakes :)
Julie and me with our opposing team cupcakes.
Our amazing family of friends at AFIT.
Most of the folks headed out around the third quarter to go do their trick or treating, but everyone came back over later to watch the World Series games as some of our friends are Phillies fans. Tanner is the shark, Evan is a fireman, and Hank is Tigger. They were so cute!!

1 comment:

  1. Everyone in that picture has a little child except you and Bry. Are they influencing you? I must prepare Dad if so.

    ReplyDelete