Friday, November 20, 2009

South Carolina visit

Bryan and I went to my Dad's house in Columbia, SC recently to visit my Dad, stepmom, brother, and two younger sisters. We had a wonderful visit!! On Saturday we tailgated at the Florida/South Carolina game near the stadium. We had a couple of my Dad's best friends from school in town with us as well. After eating some yummy chicken and brownies we headed over to a reception held by the President of of the University. The marching band performed and then we all walked to the stadium.

Mimi, Grace, and me in our Gator gear!


Chase, Bryan, and me on the field before the game


My Dad was able to get us passes so that we could go on the field for pre-game. It was by far one of the most amazing things I have ever done in my entire life! We just stood on the sidelines and watched the Gator football players warming up. It was like seeing a ton of celebrities because that is the kind of family i have. :) We kept exclaiming "there's Riley Cooper!" "there's Joe Haden and Brandon Spikes!" "OMG- its Tim Tebow- he's huge!" You get the picture...

This continued on for a while longer until it was time for the SC band to take the field and begin the pre-game festivities. My Dad is the Dean of the College of Music and he conducted the band as they played the Alma Mater. It is always amazing to see how crazy awesome my Dad is. After the pre-game we moved over to sit with the SC band and watch the game. The Gators won the game (who hoo 10-0!) but it was nerve-racking at times, especially because Caleb Strugis missed 3 out of 4 field goals... not cool. Regardless, it was an amazing day and an amazing trip!

More to come!
Maryel

No comments:

Post a Comment